If you read my blog often you may know that I’m not the biggest fan of vegetables but I am growing to like them more and more. The Plant Power Challenge hosted by Kasey and Heather really helped me to increase my veggie intake and learn which ones are my favorite! This recipe is #plantpower inspired and packed full of my favorite vegetables! The key to liking vegetables for me is flavor! I find roasted certain ones, especially squash, really brings out the flavor, as do spices! Try these out and fill up on your veggies!
- Cubed and pre roasted butternut squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Fresh Collard Green leaves
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbs. olive oil
- Hemp Seeds
- In a skillet warm your olive oil over medium heat.
- Dice up your zucchini, bell pepper and carrots into small pieces and add into your skillet.
- Once your veggies are mostly cooked add in the roasted squash cubes.
- Next squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over your vegetables and add in the red pepper flakes and chili powder.
- Place your chard leaves on top of your skillet for 30 seconds to warm.
- Scoop your veggie mixture into the chard leaves to make “tacos”.
- Serve topped with avocado, extra lime juice, and sprinkle with hemp seeds for added protein!
Makes 2-3 servings
What’s your favorite veggie filled recipe?!