Happy Sunday! Today I’m joining in on Kasey’s Powermeal a week challenge and in honor of the fall season I wanted to share a pumpkin recipe with you today!
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein (you can use any protein you like, brown rice, soy, etc…but I used whey)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla flavor)
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine your protein, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Next add in your wet ingredients, the pumpkin, egg whites, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Mix all of your ingredients together.
- Here is where you can get creative with mix ins: I added in raisins to some, cacao nibs to some, and kept some plain, you could also add in pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, dried cranberries, or any other mix ins you like.
- Drop your cookies onto a greased baked sheet into 1/2 tbs. sized balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Enjoy 2-3 cookies post workout!
Makes around 20 cookies
Little tip: Store these in your refrigerator but eat them warm. Microwave 15-20 seconds before enjoying!
Nutrition Facts (per cookie):
- Calories: 52 calories
- Carbohydrates: 4.1 grams
- Protein: 5.2 grams
- Fat: 1.7 grams
*Note that Nutrition counts will vary based on ingredients used and mix ins. These are calculated for plain cookies!
What’s your favorite post workout snack??? What do you eat before your workouts?