I know I share a lot of recipes on my blog but when it comes to my own meals, I’ll be honest with you…I’m actually pretty boring. I have my go to meals that I make for the week and know I won’t get sick of and these meatballs are one of those “go-tos”. I usually make these alongside spaghetti squash and tomatoes so I’ll give you my recipe for that too along with a couple variations I switch between. I’ve been making these for over a year now and still am not sick of them. Give them a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed. They also take a total of 10 minutes to prep and stay good for the week. You can even freeze them to have on hand for longer.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or extra lean ground beef (grass fed and antibiotic and hormone free when possible!)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1-2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl combine your egg, almond flour, basil, pepper flakes, and meat together mixing well.
- Roll into meatballs and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until done.
- Enjoy for the night or store for the week!
For the Sauce:
- 2 zucchini
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- fresh basil
- Dice your zucchini into small pieces.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil spray cook your zucchini until tender.
- Over low heat add in half of your can of crushed tomatoes and the whole can of tomato paste.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Let simmer over low 1o minutes or so.
- Serve with your Paleo meatballs over spaghetti squash.
What’s your go to meal when you need something quick and easy to make???