I’m all about convenience and sneaking in my veggies on the go! My busy schedule has left me grabbing a lot of meals straight from my fridge and throwing them in a bag with me to go to work! This makes vegetable eating aside from baby carrots, rather difficult for me because I am not a fan of raw veggies! I came up with one simple solution that is even good cold and packs super easy! Zucchini Fries! Now these taste nothing like french fries but they are still delicious and get me eating some more vegetables….which is really all that matters! Try them out!
- 2 medium Zucchini or Summer Squash
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 egg white
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your zucchini lengthwise into thin strips.
- Dip your slices into 1 egg white to coat and then immediately into the 1/2 cup of almond meal.
- Lightly coat the “fries” with almond meal.
- Spread onto a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil spray, careful not to overlap your fries.
- Spray the tops of your fries with olive oil spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the zucchini is fully cooked.
- Pack up and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Straight out of the oven!
Packed and ready to go!
Nutrition Stats (1 serving):
- Calories: 115 calories
- Carbs: 6.25 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
Are you a fan of raw vegetables??? What’s your favorite way to pack your veggies on the go??