Today is National Cookie Day. With so many cookies to choose from how do I decide what to make? This idea came from my sister who has quite the opinion on cookies so I accepted her challenge. These are 100% paleo, easy to make, and perfectly cinnamony. They’re a cakey texture in cookie form….hence the name! Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine your flours, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Next add in your vanilla, eggs, and the coconut oil, melted.
- Mix your ingredients well.
- Drop your mixture onto a well greased cookie sheet by the tablespoonful. Your batter will be thin but they will only spread slightly.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a little coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 8-10 until the outsides start to crisp.
Makes 14 cookies
*Little tip: These cookies tend to stick so make sure you use enough oil on your cookie sheet.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?