One of the biggest misconceptions about Paleo is that it is low carb and all about the meat! Paleo is not just about bacon! I try to focus on eating as many vegetables as I can with Paleo! I am not the biggest veggie fan so I’m always trying to find new ways to make them taste just a little better and sneak them into my favorite meals! Today I’m going to share with you one of my favorite ways to eat my veggies: Cauliflower rice! Here’s a twist on your regular Paleo “Rice” Recipe!
It all starts with this:
In a food processor pulse a head of chopped cauliflower to “rice” it. You can also use your shredder attachment on the food processor.
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup light (canned) coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- In a skillet heat up 1 tbs. coconut oil.
- Warm your cauliflower rice and spinach over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in your pumpkin and coconut milk and combine with the vegetables and continue to cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Lastly add in your spices and continue to warm 2-3 minutes more.
What’s your favorite food to eat with rice or cauliflower “rice”? I’ve never been a huge fan of rice but actually really like cauliflower “rice”