If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile you know I am a big fan of meal prep for the week. I always block out a chunk of time on Sundays, or Saturdays depending on my work schedule to cook a bunch of veggies and lean proteins ahead for the week. One of my fall favorites to cook ahead is spaghetti squash! It is super easy to bake. I literally just punch a bunch of holes in the whole squash and stick in the oven at 400 for about an hour or so. When begins to get softer on the outside I take it out slice in half and scoop out the seeds and it’s done! Virtually no prep whatsoever! I scrape it out with a fork and store it in the refrigerator plain to have on hand for the week. This recipe requires only one thing to be made in minutes. Prep your squash ahead of time. It will last you a bunch of meals and you can change them up as you go! Easy!
- 2-3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apple juice sweetened cranberries
- 1-2 tbs. hemp seeds
- Optional Protein (I used goat cheese but if you’re going for Paleo swap with chicken, shrimp, or ground turkey)
- Heat a skillet with your coconut oil.
- Microwave your spinach until cooked (about 3 minutes).
- Saute your spaghetti squash to warm in the coconut oil 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your spinach and saute 1 minute longer.
- Lastly add in your hemp seeds and cranberries and continue to saute.
- Serve with your choice of protein on top and fresh pepper
- Enjoy your meal in minutes!
*If you’re making this Paleo and want to make it creamy with adding the cheese add in 1/3 cup canned light coconut milk!
Makes 1 Serving
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Spaghetti Squash?? Any recipes to share?