Tomorrow is National Mousse Day! You know I have to celebrate with my love of chocolate! I actually had no clue how to make mousse before I began experimenting so I turned to google. Most recipes are made with loads of butter and heavy whipping cream. My version not so much. It’s not 100% paleo thanks to the enjoy life chocolate chips but these are just about as Paleo as you’re going to get with chocolate! I also noticed a lot of the recipes for real mousse took a long time. I don’t have time for that so this is simple easy and can be done in 10 minutes tops. Make some today, let sit overnight, celebrate tomorrow and enjoy.
- 1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1 can coconut milk (Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours before using)
- In a double boiler melt your chocolate chips, coconut oil, and coffee over low heat.
- Once your chocolate has melted completely remove from the heat and combine in a bowl with your coconut milk.
- For the coconut milk, do not mix the can, use only the thick part from the top and save the water at the bottom for a later use. You should end up with a cup and a 1/2 or so of the “cream”.
- Whip together the chocolate and coconut milk using a hand mixer until blended and slightly puffy.
- Refrigerate overnight for mousse texture or serve immediately for a chocolate pudding!
- Serve with toppings of your choice (I used frozen cherries and sprinkles).
Makes 4 Servings
Are you a chocolate or vanilla fan??