Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day! It was quite a challenge coming up with a Paleo way to celebrate this national food holiday but I think I did it and made this recipe so you use quality ingredients to make a special treat perfect for when your chocolate cravings hit!
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
For the Ganache:
- 1/2 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine your dry ingredients for the cupcakes (flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking power, and baking soda)
- Next using a hand mixer mix in your oil, eggs, applesauce, and almond milk, blending well.
- Place your batter in muffin tins lined with cupcake liners and spritzed with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, begin your frosting.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl on high for 30 seconds, stir and continue to heat in small increments until your chocolate is melted.
- Refrigerate your frosting 30 minutes to an hour.
- Blend the frosting with a hand mixed to create a ganache and top your cupcakes once cooled.
Makes 6 Cupcakes
What’s your favorite kind of cake??? Best cake or cupcake you’ve ever had?