Happy Halloween a day early! Today I wanted to prepare you for the biggest candy holiday of the season tomorrow! Just because it’s Halloween doesn’t mean you have to succumb to a major sugar overload on Halloween night! Here are some tips to keep you on track and some recipes to swap your candy for!
Sophie’s ready! Are you?
- Buy candy you don’t like!
- Bring snacks with you to work so you won’t be tempted by office treats.
- Allow yourself one piece of quality candy. It can only be one so choose wisely!
- Make a goal to drink X amount of water on the day of Halloween. Choose an amount that is high for you, it will keep you less hungry.
- Eat enough on the day of Halloween. If you’re not hungry you’re going to be less tempted to eat.
- Do not arrive to any Halloween parties hungry. Have a snack before you go.
- Get in a morning workout to boost your energy for the day and keep you on track.
- Commit to a workout on Thursday morning with a friend. It will keep you accountable and on track!
Some Halloween treats that don’t involve buying candy at the store!
- Purely Twins~ Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- Detoxinista~ Mounds Bar Truffles
- Chocolate Covered Katie~ Reese’s Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
- Fitnessista~ Candy Corn Popcorn
- Powercakes~ Dark Chocolate Bark
- Nourish & Flourish~ Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cups
- Sensual Appeal~ Coconut Orange Date Balls
- PaleOMG~Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Oh She Glows~Homemade Rolo Knockoffs
Some Other “Paleoish” Treats I’m Okay With!
Super Dark Chocolate
Most important tip of all! Don’t stress out! Have fun it is one day a year. Enjoy it! If you want to indulge in some candy have some candy but make sure it is 100% the kind you are craving!
One more Sophie picture….
What are your Halloween plans? Any tips to stay on track?? What’s your favorite Halloween Treat???