Happy Monday! Celebrating Marvelous in My Monday thanks to Katie. This weekend has been a bit unexpected thanks to storm Nemo that brought us over 2 feet of snow. Fingers crossed it melts fast. I announced several times this weekend my dreams of moving to California by next winter. Anyone want to join me?!
Because my backyard looked like this…
…I spent a lot of time at home. I’m going a little crazy and ready to get out. I was however super productive and got lots of work done, fitness classes planned, and caught up on some random errands around the house. I am so ready to get back to a normal workout schedule today too. Saturday ended up being an at home WOD day and Sunday was my rest day. I did get plenty of shoveling workouts in!
Sophie on the other hand, loves the snow. I shoveled a path for her in our backyard…
But go figure, she climbed right over my path and into the snow piles. I’m not quite sure she’s my puppy…I’m just counting down the days until summer!
I finally got out yesterday and got much needed groceries to prep my meals for the week.
Here I have: Lots of baby spinach, Greek yogurt, ground turkey, Kind bars, bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, strawberries, unsweetened applesauce, eggs, oranges, lime, zucchini, crumbled goat cheese, dates, and unsweetened coconut.
All prepped and ready: Protein muffins for breakfast, spinach salad for lunches, and quinoa with veggies and turkey for dinners.
Onto some link love. Since I had plenty of time to catch up on reading this weekend here’s a whole bunch of my favorites from the past week:
- Say What You Need to Say~ Quinoa with summer squash, roasted chicken, spinach, corn, and tomatoes
- Powercakes and Purely Twins~ Superfood Chocolate Brownie Bars
- One Healthy Munchkin~ Bolognese Sauce
- Detoxinista~ Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Powercakes~ Cheesy Basil Butternut Quinoa
- Hungry Healthy Girl~ Pancakes for your Valentine
- Eat Move Balance~ Single Serving Flaxseed Muffin
- PaleOMG~ Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Cotter Crunch~ Cherry Chia Fudge Bites
All the Rest:
- MizFit Online~ Strong is NOT the New Sexy
- Running with Spoons~ The Truth Hurts
- Lindsay’s List~ Back to Basics: Diet Vs. Exercise
- Fitting It All In~ When Fitspiration Isn’t Inspiring
- Lisa Lately~ Perfectly Imperfect
- Candy Fit~ Power, Strength, and Will…
- For Love of Carrots~ What is Sexy?
- Fit Swiss Chick~ Who Is Responsible
Did you get any snow this weekend? What’s your favorite way to kill time when you’re trapped at home?