Happy Monday! Celebrating Marvelous in My Monday thanks to Katie. Lots of fun things going on this Monday! Local readers pay attention cause I have a special deal to share with you. I’m also bringing you some awesome links from the past week and can’t wait to share.
First off a little update. Sophie has the cone off. Hooray! We are both very excited. She looks sweet in this picture but she is back to her normal crazy self.
The weekend was a busy one filled with lots of fun things to do but I still managed to get in my grocery shopping and meal prep. The week ahead will be a bit chaotic which means food prep for the week is definitely a priority!
Here’s what I got:
Bananas, apples, Greek yogurt, Puffins (gluten free kind), organic carrots, honey, sunflower seed butter, zucchini, bell pepper, holiday tea, unsweetened almond breeze, potatoes, baby spinach, eggs, brown rice, ground turkey, lean burgers, Kind bars (peanut protein is my favorite). Hiding from the picture are egg whites and raw goat cheddar cheese.
Here’s what I prepped:
Rice and veggie mix, spinach, carrots, lean burgers, and turkey meatloaf muffins. Some fun recipes to come…
and here’s last week’s recipes in case you missed them. All sweets last week but I promise I have some savory recipes coming.
- Paleo Peppermint Mini Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Mug Cake for One
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Protein English Muffin
Onto some links to share: Here is just a small collection of my favorites from the past week. If you have any great ones I missed feel free to share them in the comments below!
Recipe Link Love:
- Chef Katelyn~ Paleo Primal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sensual Appeal~ Spiced Chili Chocolate Cookies
- Hungry Healthy Girl~ Lightened up Almond Butter Puppy Chow
- Say What you Need to Say~ White Bean and Swiss Chard Chicken Noodle Soup
- Honey We’re Home~ Homemade and Natural Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- I Heart Wellness~ Frost Kissed Gingerbread Bites
- Purely Twins~ Pink Sprinkles Peppermint Cream Cake Heaven
- Gabby’s Gluten Free~ Grain Free No Bake Gingerbread Truffles
- Change of Pace~ Five Ingredient Paleo Tomato Soup
All the Rest:
- Lindsay’s List~ The Body God Wants me to Have
- A Dash of Meg~ What Would I Say to a Best Friend?
- Lisa Lately~ Beliefs and Blog Challenge
- Running with Spoons~ Marvelously Me
- Purely Twins~ No Excuses. Dream Big. Self Esteem
Lastly for link love I wanted to honor some of the beautiful heartfelt posts in the light of the elementary school shooting. Words can’t express how deeply sad I am for the tragedy so instead I’ve gathered a collection of words from others.
Here they are:
- My Food and Fitness Diaries~ Hug Your Loved Ones a Little Tighter
- Lisa Lately~ Silent Saturday
- Katy Widrick~ Light and Love During Dark Days
- For the Love of Kale~ When you Feel Helpless…
Moving on to something a little lighter…
Finally here’s a really fun deal for local readers! Ultimate BootCamp is offering a $100 new years resolution reward to new members who commit to and complete and 8 week session of Boot Camp this January. Pretty great deal right?! Participants must sign up for eight weeks of Ultimate Bootcamp at any of its indoor or outdoor location in Boston and its suburbs. Upon completing eight weeks, they’ll receive $100 in cold, hard cash. Qualifying bootcamp sessions begin on January 7th, 2013 and registration is open now at this link!
Want more information on Ultimate BootCamp? Ultimate Bootcamp is the premier bootcamp program in New England. Founded in 2004, Ultimate Bootcamp has helped thousands of participants shed pounds, build muscle, shave time off their races and meet a variety of other fitness goals. Utilizing certified trainers in parks and gyms across New England, including Greater Boston and Providence, Ultimate Bootcamp provides unique workouts that burn 500 to 700 calories per class and provide a double-burn effect throughout the day.
That’s all I have for you! Happy Monday! How are you celebrating the start of a new week??? Anything fun coming up this week?