Every once in a while in the winter I need a little reminder that summer is not too far gone. That someday soon it will be warm and sunny again there will be zero snow in sight. I know I have months to go until this actually happens but that doesn’t mean I can’t pretend. This stir fry reminds me of summer while still giving me that warm comforting feeling I crave from my fall meals. The addition of mango and coconut makes me feel like I’m in Hawaii even though I’m eating this in cold snowy Boston!
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 and a 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbs. unrefined coconut oil
- Protein of choice 1 lb. if using animal protein (I used precooked turkey breast from Trader Joe’s, but you could use chicken breast, beef, shrimp, tofu, anything you like)
- Chop up all of your vegetables into small pieces as well as your protein if necessary.
- Warm a large skillet with 1 tbs. coconut oil.
- If cooking raw meat saute your meat first, if not skip this step.
- Add your veggies to the skillet and saute until tender.
- Add in the coconut flakes, precooked protein of choice, and drizzle with coconut aminos.
- Continue to saute until everything is hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
I ate mine as is but you can serve with brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower “rice”.
What do you miss most about the summer during the winter months???