For a long time throughout college I was a vegetarian. One of the things I struggled with was actually eating enough veggies and getting enough protein as a vegetarian so veggie burgers were the ideal food for me because they combined vegetables and protein, plus they tasted great! I later learned how bad some of these burgers loaded with processed soy were, but some of my favorites, such as Sunshine burgers were still great and packed with healthy ingredients. Here is a recipe I modeled after my favorite sunshine burgers with a little extra protein boost from the quinoa! Try them out for some extra plant power!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 15 roasted baby carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs. fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor combine your zucchini and pre roasted carrots and pulse until combined.
- Add in your sunflower seeds and continue to blend.
- Lastly add in your quinoa, basil, and sage and continue to blend.
- Once your mixture is fully combined roll into 6 patties and place on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip and cook another 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
What’s your favorite plant based protein source???