I know a funny title for a post but here’s the problem: while I love all things pumpkin and fall fashion, I’m not so happy with the lack of sun and warm weather! I am already wanting to go on vacation to somewhere warm and not come back to Boston until June 1st! Anyone in Hawaii looking for a roommate?! This recipe is inspired by the summer flavors but combined with one of the heartier foods of Fall: the sweet potato! It’s 100% Paleo if you eat sweet potatoes so enjoy! It’s also perfect as part of your post workout meal!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (precooked)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- salt & pepper
- Start by heating your 2 tsp. of coconut oil in a saute pan.
- Slice your bell pepper vertically into strips and dice your pineapple and sweet potato into small cubes.
- When the oil starts to sizzle a bit add in the bell pepper and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in your pineapple and continue to cook 1 minute more.
- Lastly add in your sweet potato and saute 2-3 minutes longer adding in the cinnamon and seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking.
Makes 4-8 servings
If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you pick??