Since it’s been slowly getting colder and colder in Boston I tend to be craving more and more soup! This is a perfect example of how I am learning to listen to my body and give it what it needs! When I crave something warm and filling I often reach for soup. Now when I crave something warm, filling, and creamy I have a new soup recipe to go for! Hope you like it just as much as I did!
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 quart low sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and roast your sweet potatoes for 1 hour or until fully baked.
- Meanwhile dice all of your veggies into small pieces.
- In a soup pan add your tbs of olive oil, zucchini, and carrots.
- Saute over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your cherry tomatoes and continue to cook 1 minute or so.
- Add in 1/2 cup of vegetable broth and simmer on low heat.
- In a blender or food processor, puree your cooked sweet potatoes (removing the skins) along with 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
- Add your sweet potato mixture to your soup pan and continue to simmer over low heat.
- Thin your soup by adding in additional vegetable broth to your liking.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and add in your rinsed and drained black beans.
- Let your soup simmer over low heat at least 10 minutes with all your ingredients added.
Makes 8-10 servings
*To make it Paleo skip the black beans and serve with a protein on the side!
What foods do you crave most often in the winter???