This recipe is pretty easy to make and is almost 100% paleo aside from Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips. Because today is National Mousse Day, I’m using my mousse recipe from yesterday to celebrate. I never would have thought making a pie could be a fairly simple process but this proved to be really easy and is actually one of my favorite recipes I’ve made in awhile. Hope you like it just as much as I did!
- chocolate coffee mousse recipe (make it one day ahead)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbs. coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine your coconut flakes, almond flour, and sugar.
- Next add in the egg and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Spread your mixture into the bottom of a greased 8inch pie pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Let the crust cool completely about 1 hour.
- Spread your mousse in the pie crust and sprinkle with extra unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
What’s your favorite kind of pie??? Dessert of choice?