Happy Friday! Hope everyone in the US had a fabulous Thanksgiving yesterday! Seeing as today is known as black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year, I thought I’d give you a black forest recipe in honor! I will be working at the mall today and will hopefully make it out in one piece, but if you’re not out shopping try out these cookies! I gave you Paleo and Gluten Free Options for them! Enjoy!
Black Friday Black Forest Cookies
- 2 tbs. cocoa powder
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour or if you’re not Paleo you can use Sorghum flour your choice!
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tbs. coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs. melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cherry juice (I used Cheribundi)
- 1/2 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup black cherry fruit spread (should be just cherries and fruit pectin, no added sugar!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine all your flours, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and xanthan gum.
- Add in your eggs, coconut oil and 1/2 cup of cherry juice mixing well.
- Lastly fold in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Reserve the remaining for later.
- Drop cookies on a greased cookie sheet in 1/2 rounded tablespoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes remove your cookies from the oven and the back of a spoon to make an impression in the middle of each cookie.
- Put your cookies back into the oven 3-4 minutes longer.
- While still warm scoop a teaspoon of fruit spread onto the top of each cookie.
- Once your cookies have cooled melt your remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and use extra cherry juice to thin the mixture.
- Drizzle your chocolate mixture over your cookies, let harden and enjoy!
Makes 12 cookies.
Any Black Friday traditions in your family??! Favorite store to shop in?!