I love breakfast. It’s by far my favorite meal of the day and I often times would be happy to eat breakfast all day! When I have late night classes or don’t feel like cooking I tend to rely on breakfast foods to hold me over. Things like omelets, eggs, and pancakes are some of my go to options. These pancakes are a twist on one of my favorite microwave muffin recipes. They are almost Paleo and can easily be adapted to Paleo and are 100% gluten free. Try them out for breakfast or even dinner one night. They’re super easy to make!
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tbs. Perfect Fit protein (or any brown rice protein, you can also swap another tbs. of coconut flour to make these totally Paleo)
- 1 mashed banana
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 a vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp. stevia (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine your flour, protein, baking soda and stevia. Mix well.
- Add in your banana, egg whites, and vanilla extract and blend with a hand mixer until there are no lumps from the banana.
- Lastly scrape the bean from 1/2 a vanilla bean and stir into your batter.
- Cook the batter as pancakes on a skillet with coconut oil.